Ready to Upload?
Send us your file now using this form.
Unless specifically requested by BookLogix all files for book covers, dust jackets, casewraps, text files, and inserts must be supplied in PDF format.
- We accept files submitted via FTP / DVD or CD-Rom / or USB mass storage. Booklogix does have its own FTP available for clients, if you expect to have several files to send please request an FTP account from firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order for Booklogix to easily identify your files, please name them by your Booklogix Job or Library number supplied by your sales representative on your order confirmation.
- Created with the "press optimized or high quality" preset distiller settings.
- Include all blank pages
- Have all fonts embedded. How to embed a font in an Adobe PDF file.
- Supply at final trim size and without crop marks for non-bleed documents, bleed pages should have image extended 1/4" past the final trim size and may include crop marks space 3/8" from the final trim.
- CMYK Color profile for color books.
Application Files (only if requested)
- Along with the source file for the application please supply all fonts and source images used within the document. Please do not embed images into the application file.
- Supported Native Application file formats by Booklogix (Mac or PC): Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Illustrator - Adobe Indesign - Adobe Acrobat 9.0 - Microsoft Word
Things to consider when setting up your files:
- There should be no critical elements printing close to final trim. Use 1/4" as a "safe zone" around all sides of the page and or cover.
- Any image/picture that extends to final trim must bleed 1/4" beyond final trim. Text on bleed pages should not be closer than 1/8" to final trim.
- To maintain a consistent professional look use "Master Pages" for common book elements such as headers, footers, and tabs.
- Use organized and meaningful file names. example: Title_revision number.pdf Note: File names should not exceed 21 alphanumeric characters, please do not use special characters in file names.
- Save yourself time, money, and hassle! If you are not sure how to setup your book consult your sales representative with any questions, we are more than happy to help.
- For images - Both greyscale and color - Please use a minimum of 300dpi and a maximum of 600dpi.